Today is UBC Farm‘s annual FarmAde Open House and I’m heading over. I’ve been out to the farm a few times and this time I’m going to take in one of the farm tours, rain or shine.
Friday, September 17th
3:00 – 5:00 pm
UBC Farm Shuttle Bus Map
There’s lots going on, including:
- Live music
- A BBQ for everyone, literally (vegan, veggie and beef burgers)
- Produce market of farm-fresh corn, other veggies and fruits
- Adult entertainment (beer garden featuring local beer and a beer-making workshop)
- Supervised kid’s area with face painting
- Farm Tours and more… (details)
If you can’t make it out to the farm today, you can still take a video tour below to learn what happens there and why efforts to save UBC Farm continue to be important. We’re not out of the woods yet in the battle between short-term real estate value vs. long-term, food security value.